When: October 16-20, 2023 (in-person). Note that applications open approximately 2 months prior to each session
Cost: $2,500 CAD (online) or $2,800 CAD (in-person)
Where: Online or in-person
Knowledge Translation Professional Certificate (KTPC) offered by SickKids
WHAT IS KTPC AND WHO IS IT FOR?
KTPC is an online seven-day professional development program for knowledge translation (KT) professionals (i.e., knowledge brokers, KT specialists, KT managers, and other professionals whose work has a significant KT focus). Participation in this intensive requires some background in KT. The curriculum focuses on the core competencies of KT work in Canada, as identified by a survey of KT practitioners. The course balances theory and practical application, and we invite active participation by employers/mentors to help build an organizational culture that supports KT.
Developed by the Learning Institute at The Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto, KTPC is hosted three times a year (March, June, October). Each session is open to a limited number of participants.
- KTPC is fully accredited by the Continuing Professional Development Office at The University of Toronto’s Faculty of Medicine. Successful completion of the course awards participants a Certificate of Completion from The University of Toronto and The Hospital for Sick Children.
- KTPC is recognized by Accreditation Canada as a Leading Practice.
- Each session of KTPC is rigorously evaluated to ensure learner success and tangible learning outcomes. Participants come away with a comprehensive KT Plan relevant to their work.
- KTPC includes 39 hours of virtual contact time, including instruction, active learning, coaching and consultation with a variety of expert faculty.
- Participants also have access to faculty support following the course and are encouraged to be active members of the KTPC Alumni online community.
I WANT TO APPLY! WHAT NEXT?
- Applications become available approximately 2 months prior to each session -- the next session is October 16-20, 2023 (in-person)
- Applicants will be notified of the status of their application within 1 month of the application deadline.
- A completed application, including supervisor endorsement, is required.